Now Hiring: APPLICATION DEADLINE AUGUST 15, 2016
ICCA Northeast Producer (MA/NY/CT or surrounding area)
ICHSA Southwest Producer (TX/CO)
Varsity Vocals is searching for a producer for our college and high school tournaments. We are looking for a highly motivated and responsible individual who has a knack for handling large events and of course love that good ol’ a cappella.
This position is ideal for recent college graduates who are familiar with our tournament, who are interested in staying involved in the a cappella community, and who have proven success at developing, managing, promoting, and executing live events.
This is a part-time, paid position that requires the individual to work from home. Work hours are flexible and on an as-needed basis, so long as the job requirements are being met. We require applicants to live in the region for which they are applying and attendance at all events in the region is mandatory.
The producer position is a vital role in the success of the International Championship of Collegiate A Cappella (ICCA) and International Championships of High School A Cappella (ICHSA). He/She will be responsible for ensuring the success of all the events within their assigned region. Working directly with the ICCA or ICHSA Director and host groups, the producer is responsible for booking regional events, judges, and attending shows to ensure a smooth and successful event.
- Work in conjunction with the ICCA or ICHSA Director to schedule all regional events.
- Acquire signed contracts from hosts, venues and vendors.
- Coordinate requirements of the venue i.e. sound, seating, tickets, etc.
- Maintain correspondence with all competitors and hosts via e-mail and phone in your region, updating them on all pertinent information regarding their specific event.
- Assist in the marketing of your regional events.
- Act as the point person for all the shows in your region.
- Attend and run all regional events for your assigned region.
- Train host groups and any volunteers on how to properly and smoothly run a successful ICCA/ICHSA event.
- Properly close out all events following ICCA/ICHSA guidelines.
- Live within the region assigned and have access/availability to travel to all regional events.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Office products (Word & Excel) and Google applications.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
How to apply:
For the ICCA Northeast Producer position please submit a resume and cover letter to David Rabizadeh, ICCA Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
For the ICHSA Southwest Producer position please submit a resume and cover letter to Andrea Poole, ICHSA Director at email@example.com