We at Varsity Vocals are eagerly looking forward to welcoming you back to the ICCA and ICHSA stage for the 2022 season. At present, we are planning to hold a full, live tournament at venues across the US and UK, as we have in previous years.
In order to safely operate our tournament, we are instituting the following protocols to reduce risk and create a safe space for our audiences, artists, production crews, and staff.
Last updated and effective as of August 18, 2021. We will conduct an ongoing review of these policies, and may include a relaxation of certain provisions or an extension of this policy as the science dictates.
Any individual entering any venue holding an event operated by Varsity Vocals will be required to follow the vaccine policy herein. This applies to performers, audience members, production crew, judges, staff, and chaperones.
To be permitted to enter, all individuals will need to be fully vaccinated (as defined below) with an FDA or WHO authorized vaccine. Evidence of the vaccination will be required at the time of entry.
“Fully vaccinated” means on the day of the event date, an individual is:
– at least 14 days after their second dose of an FDA or WHO approved two dose COVID-19 vaccine, or
– at least 14 days after their single dose of an FDA or WHO approved single dose COVID-19 vaccine.
Proof of vaccination must come directly from the healthcare provider that performed the vaccination. Individuals may display proof on a smartphone or present a physical copy. New York State residents, or anyone who received a COVID-19 vaccine in New York State, may present proof through the use of the Excelsior Pass (for more details, visit: epass.ny.gov) or any other digital app.
The only exceptions are:
– individuals under the age of 12, who must be accompanied by an adult that meets our vaccination requirements; or
– individuals who need reasonable accommodations due to a medical exception or a sincerely held religious belief
For individuals who are not able to be vaccinated for one of the reasons listed above, they must provide proof of ONE of the following instead of evidence of vaccination:
– negative COVID-19 PCR test performed by a medical provider within 72 hours of the performance start time. The test results must clearly show the date and time of the test.
– negative COVID-19 rapid antigen test taken within 6 hours of the performance start time. The test results must clearly show the date and time of the test. This test may be performed by a medical professional or by using an over-the-counter testing kit.
Together with the proof of vaccination,
Individuals 18 years or older must also present a government-issued photo ID such as a driver’s license or passport. Individuals 12-18 may use a government-issued ID or school ID. Individuals under 12 do not require ID, but must be accompanied by an adult who meets the above requirements.
Entry will be denied for individuals who do not provide the documentation as required above.
Masks are required for all guests, regardless of vaccination status. Masks must be worn at all times in the venue except for performers on stage. All masks must completely cover the nose and mouth and comply with the CDC guidelines for acceptable face coverings.
LOCAL DEVIATIONS AND COMPLIANCE
We are reviewing policies and mandates in various states and localities (including Florida, Arizona, and Texas) to determine what we are able offer, both safely and legally. We will update competitors on these policies as they become available.