Now Hiring: APPLICATION DEADLINE JUNE 5, 2022
- ICHSA Great Lakes Producer (WI/IL/MN or surrounding area)
- ICHSA South Producer (FL/GA/NC or surrounding area)
For each position, we are looking for a highly motivated, organized, and responsible individual who has a knack for handling large events and a passion for student a cappella.
This position is ideal for recent college graduates or educators who are familiar with our tournament, who are interested in staying involved in the a cappella community, and who have proven success at developing, managing, promoting, and executing live events.
This is a part-time, paid and contracted position that requires the individual to work from home. Work hours are flexible and on an as-needed basis, so long as the job requirements are being met. We require applicants to live in the region for which they are applying, and attendance at all events in the region is mandatory.
The producer position is a vital role in the success of the International Championship of High School A Cappella (ICHSA). The producer will be responsible for ensuring the success of all the events within their assigned region. Working directly with the ICHSA Director and host groups, the producer is responsible for booking regional events, judges, and attending shows to ensure a smooth and successful event.
- Work in conjunction with the ICHSA Director to schedule all regional events.
- Acquire signed contracts from hosts, venues, and vendors within the assigned deadlines.
- Coordinate requirements of the venue (i.e. sound, seating, tickets, etc.)
- Maintain correspondence with all competitors and hosts via email and phone in your region, updating them on all pertinent information regarding their specific event.
- Assist in the marketing of your regional events.
- Act as the point person for all the shows in your region.
- Attend and run all regional events for your assigned region.
- Train host groups, production assistants, and any volunteers on how to properly and smoothly run a successful ICCA/ICHSA event.
- Properly close out all events following ICCA/ICHSA guidelines.
- Live within the region assigned and have access/availability to travel to all regional events (generally weekends January-April).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of Office products (Word & Excel) and Google applications.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
How to apply
Please fill out this application and reach out to Elise Hackl-Blumstein, ICHSA Director, at [email protected] with any questions.